Looking for native plants to add to your garden? Listed below are a few of our very favorite garden centers. For more nurseries, check out Designing Gardens with Flora of the American East book.
- Broken Arrow Nursery
- Catskill Native Nursery
- Earth Tones Native Plant Nursery
- Fiddlehead Creek
- Native Landscapes Garden Center
- Rare Find Nursery
- Rosedale Nurseries, Inc.
- Summer Hill Nursery
- Wild Things Rescue Nursery
EDUCATION AND CONSERVATION
Learn more about the benefits of adding native plants to your landscape along with on-going local conservation efforts.
- Bringing Nature Home, authored by Douglas Tallamy
- Catskill Native Plant Society
- Designing Gardens with Flora of the American East, authored by Carolyn Summers
- Beautiful Wildlife Garden
- Grow Native Massachusetts
- Long Island Botanical Society
- Long Island Native Plant Initiative, Inc.
- New York Flora Association
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
- The Native Plant Center at Westchester Community College
- The Native Plant Garden at the New York Botanical Garden
- Torrey Botanical Society
- Wild Ones Central New York Chapter
NATIVE PLANT LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS AND DESIGNERS
List of recommended landscape designers in the area:
- Ana Hajduk, Singing Brook Gardens
- Bloom Landscape Design & Fine Gardening
- Camilla Landscape Design
- Doug Lee, Rosedale Nurseries, Inc.
- Ferncreek Design
- Francis Groeters, Catskill Native Nursery
- Karen Bussolini, Karen Bussolini Garden Arts
- Karin Ursula Landscapes
- Larry Weaner, Larry Wearner Landscape Associates
- Molly Marquand
- MVH Garden Design, 914-935-1352
- Pete Muroski, Native Landscapes Garden Center
- Restaino Design, PC Landscape Architecture
- Trout Lily Garden Design
- Woodscapes, Inc.